Monday, July 30, 2012

Sips, Week Eight - A Tale of Two Sips

Last year Vango was THE PLACE to be on a sunny, Wednesday evening.  The roof deck has an amazing view and the atmosphere just screams "I've had a rough week, let's drink until these beds make sense"!  So, you'd imagine my surprise when this year's experience was nothing of the sort.  Our group of seven represented two-thirds of the population at Vango, even through 6:15PM.  

Dear Vango, I know some great PR people.  Please hire them to get the cool kids back on the roof.  We love your establishment, but would love it more if we weren't the only ones there.

VanGO?  Yep, we VanWENT.  

(note: I've been very excited to use that witty phrase that I cleverly thought of as we were walking away from Vango.)  

All of the action was happening just steps down the road from Vango....at Ladder 15....

I'm not sure what was more exciting - the walk TO Ladder 15 amongst the hottest MLS stars known to man OR our time at Ladder...

Hey David Beckham, Call Me Maybe?

Ladder 15 rarely disappoints.  The place is packed to the walls with fun, young business men and women enjoying cocktails and tasty appetizers.  I've done a couple of fundraisers with Ladder, so maybe I'm biased, but have never had a bad time.  There are always a couple of creeper guys and some really interesting attire choices, but never a dull moment.

If I may, I'm going to stray for just a minute... Center City Sips is designed to keep the working crowd in the city for a few hours once a week to drive local business.  If this is the case, why do so many people go home to change into some crazy, Friday night outfits before coming to Sips?  Isn't the intention to roll out of your 10hour day of cubicle living into two hours of drink discounts and hump-day excitement?  *SMH*

Bonus Feature: SMITHS AFTER SIPS


Before you say anything, yes, I know that this breaks all of my own rules.  I'm well aware. However, if you stop drinking (novel concept) and simply eat their delicious food, you can go home happy, sober and before the sun goes down!  Definitely check out Smiths After Sips for great food and drink specials starting at 7:00PM.  And, if I may...try the carne pizza!  Yum!

If Ladder 15 and Smiths after Sips had a baby, you could call me Angelina Jolie.  I'd adopt that thing in a heartbeat.  Another happy Wednesday in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment